If you just do not know where to start and your bedroom currently is reminiscent of Hiroshima circa 1945, let me offer 5 easy adjustments which will take your space from "post-war devastation" to "cozy nest for naked Sundays".
In a recent conversation with my lovely friend and major Sensualist, Seattle-based Burlesque babe Lily Verlaine, I asked her if she had thoughtfully created her home space with sensuality in mind. She responded:
"I painted my bedroom walls in a color that works well with my skin tone. So that when my lover looks at me, I look good against the backdrop."
- Take time to reflect on your answers: Which ones surprised you? Which ones do you want to transform?
- Buy new bedding in warm or neutral colors if necessary
- Research/source decor and art that speak to you
- Make the first night in your "new" space and bed a ritual: take a hot shower, moisturize, light up a candle and revel
- Implement every day until we meet again