Inspired by a Sunset Magazine recipe.
Tonight I needed a nourishing yet detoxifying dinner with absolutely no meat involved.
I found this recipe in the January 2013 issue of Sunset Magazine and adapted it to fit my taste. It was delicious, I highly recommend this vegetarian recipe as a dinner option!
- 8-10 Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8-10 Oyster mushrooms, large ones halved
- 8-10 Cremini mushrooms, large ones halved
- 1 qt. clear vegetable broth
- 2 to 3 baby bok choy, halved then sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, slivered
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
Throw all the mushrooms in a pot with the broth, add water to almost reach the top mushrooms. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mushrooms are almost tender.
Add the bok choy, ginger, jalapenos while simmering. Stir in the vinegar, Sriracha, sesame oil, and fish sauce. Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 to 1 lime. Add vinegar, fish sauce, Sriracha sauce to taste. Top with green onions, serve hot.
So easy, so satisfying, so delicious!